Re: version problem with pg_dump

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: version problem with pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On March 23, 2006 01:32 pm, "Brian Kitzberger"
<KITZBERGERB@mail.co.stanislaus.ca.us> wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Okay, not only am I new to PostgreSQL but I am new to Linux with a
> little experience years ago with Unix.  So I didn't know about rpm nor
> does any one else here.  But anyway, the result of running rpm is:
>
> postgresql-libs-7.4.8-0.6
> postgresql-server-7.4.8-0.6
> postgresql-jdbc-7.3-189.1
> postgresql-7.4.8-0.6
> qt3-postgresql-3.3.1-35.11
>
> I did an ls in the /usr/bin directory and sure enough there are the
> other files I could not find before.  So I guess I will have to cross
> the bridge.  As a test, I just mv the file /usr/bin/pg_dump.  If rpm had
> a dependence on that file would it cause some kind of error message in
> trying to move it?  I was able to successfully move the file to the
> root.

RPM won't say anything unless you run rpm commands (ie. rpm -e package to
remove it).

The only one of those you're likely to have a dependency problem with is
postgresql-libs.  perl-DBD-Pg, and possibly a few other packages (like PHP,
as a previous poster mentioned), will be linked to that.

--
Alan