Re: Postgresql won't run after upgrade to fc5

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Postgresql won't run after upgrade to fc5
Дата
Re: Postgresql won't run after upgrade to fc5  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Postgresql won't run after upgrade to fc5  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 00:10:53 +0200,
  Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 17:02 -0500, Jerry LeVan wrote:
> > I accidently upgraded my linux/intel to fc5 from fc4 and
> > something happened...
> >
> > Postgres cannot find some needed shared libraries any
> > more.
>
> We (PGDG) don't have RPMs for FC5 yet. However Fedora Core ships with
> 8.1.3 RPMs already. So I'd install their RPMs. This should not cause a
> problem since the database versions are the same.

I wouldn't trust that if I didn't have to. FC5 is using a different version
of gcc than FC4. In addition they might have used different build options
than the PGDG did.