Re: Postgresql won't run after upgrade to fc5

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgresql won't run after upgrade to fc5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> We (PGDG) don't have RPMs for FC5 yet. However Fedora Core ships with
>> 8.1.3 RPMs already. So I'd install their RPMs. This should not cause a
>> problem since the database versions are the same.

> I wouldn't trust that if I didn't have to. FC5 is using a different version
> of gcc than FC4. In addition they might have used different build options
> than the PGDG did.

The gcc point is valid, but AFAIK the PGDG RPMs are using the same build
options as the Red Hat RPMs.  There are various small differences in the
specfiles and auxiliary files that we should try to converge on, but I
don't see any fundamental incompatibilities.

(In case you're not totally clear on the situation: the Red Hat/Fedora
RPMs are my fault, the PGDG ones are Devrim's ;-)  We are not talking
about some remote unaccountable sources here.)