Re: table disappear from pg_class

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: table disappear from pg_class
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
marco wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a problem with a table which is disappeared from pg_class
> with all objects related (views, indexes and so on).
> pg_dump against this table does not work (I think because it is not
> present in pg_class).
>
> The strange behaviour is that I can select data from this table !!

This sounds very much like transaction Id wraparound, meaning you failed
to vacuum pg_class (and possibly other system catalogs as well) in a
timely fashion.  Basically you need to return the transaction counter a
little bit, then vacuum and make sure all your data is still consistent.

This has been discussed before.  See for example:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2005-05/msg00079.php