Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove Jan Wieck's name from

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove Jan Wieck's name from
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Remove Jan Wieck's name from copyrights, and put in standard
> > boilerplate, with approval of author.
>
> I really don't see why or how this is an improvement.  But if no one
> else cares about it, so be it ...
>
> I wonder what would have happened if I had stuck my name in the
> autovacuum.c, pg_shdepend.c or multixact.c files (wow, I did really come
> up with all that stuff!)  I know Tom hacked extensively on all of them,
> so his name would also be there :-)

I wonder why we do not remove copyright notice of UCB at all. It seems
a kind of double standard.

BTW, In my understanding contrib is the exception. As someone has
pointed out, contribs are "second citizen" and maybe are kicked out to
pgfoundry or whatever anytime if people think they are not appropreate
to live there.  In this case the author of the module would not want
to waste of his/her time to rewrite the copyright notice...
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove Jan Wieck`s name from copyrights, and put in standard
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove Jan Wieck's name from