Re: postgresql-R

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: postgresql-R
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 03:29:37PM -0500, Louis Gonzales wrote:
> Hello,
> I was wondering if anybody has had much experience with postgresql-R, or
> being able to do database replication in a WAN environment.
> Basically, does anybody have any good links/docs on doing this with
> Solaris 9, postgresql v8.0?

If I'm not mistaken, pgreplication (which I'm guessing is what you mean
by postgresql-R) is part of the basis for the upcomming Slony-II.

Right now, depending on what you mean by 'WAN', your best bet is
probably Slony-I. If you're not doing a large update volume and the
connections to your remote sites are reliable it should work OK.