Re: firebird X postgresql 8.1.2 windows, performance

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: firebird X postgresql 8.1.2 windows, performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Scott Marlowe wrote:

> Lastly, I noticed that after you clusters on all your indexes, the query
> planner switched from a merge join to a hash join, and it was slower.
> You might wanna try turning off hash joins for a quick test to see if
> merge joins are any faster.

Anyway please note that clustering "all indexes" does not really make
sense.  You can cluster only on one index.  If you cluster on another,
then the first clustering will be lost.  Better make sure to cluster on
the one index where it makes the most difference.

Сообщение: Re: firebird X postgresql 8.1.2 windows, performance
Сообщение: Re: firebird X postgresql 8.1.2 windows, performance