Re: firebird X postgresql 8.1.2 windows, performance

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: firebird X postgresql 8.1.2 windows, performance
Re: firebird X postgresql 8.1.2 windows, performance
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 11:15, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Scott Marlowe wrote:
>
> > Lastly, I noticed that after you clusters on all your indexes, the query
> > planner switched from a merge join to a hash join, and it was slower.
> > You might wanna try turning off hash joins for a quick test to see if
> > merge joins are any faster.
>
> Anyway please note that clustering "all indexes" does not really make
> sense.  You can cluster only on one index.  If you cluster on another,
> then the first clustering will be lost.  Better make sure to cluster on
> the one index where it makes the most difference.

Note that I was referring to his clustering on an index for each table.
I.e. not on every single index.  but he clustered on four tables /
indexes at once, so that was what I was referring to.  Sorry for any
confusion there.

So, do you see any obvious, low hanging fruit here?

Сообщение: Re: firebird X postgresql 8.1.2 windows, performance
Сообщение: Re: firebird X postgresql 8.1.2 windows, performance