Re: Coverity Open Source Defect Scan of PostgreSQL

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Coverity Open Source Defect Scan of PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: Coverity Open Source Defect Scan of PostgreSQL  (David Boreham <david_list@boreham.org>)
Re: Coverity Open Source Defect Scan of PostgreSQL  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Ben Chelf wrote:
> >Hello PostgreSQL Developers,
> >
> >  I'm the CTO of Coverity, Inc., a company that does static source code
> >analysis to look for defects in code. You may have heard of us or of our
> >technology from its days at Stanford (the "Stanford Checker"). The
> >reason I'm writing is because we have set up a framework internally to
> >continually scan open source projects and provide the results of our
> >analysis back to the developers of those projects. PostgreSQL is one of
> >the 32 projects currently scanned at:
> >
> >http://scan.coverity.com
>
> Hm, interestingly and in contrast to some announcements, MySQL is not
> included in this list. Did it blast the defects column ? :-)

AFAIR they got a private scan done and they fixed the reported defects.
After that they issued a press release telling how little defects they
got, or something ...

OTOH neither JBoss, BerkeleyDB, Qt are listed.  Is there a pattern here?

Сообщение: Re: Coverity Open Source Defect Scan of PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: Coverity Open Source Defect Scan of PostgreSQL