Re: pg_hba.conf + all + trust = Ident authentication failed

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf + all + trust = Ident authentication failed
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, ow wrote:

> PostgreSQL 8.1.0 on i486-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC cc (GCC) 4.0.3 20051111
> (prerelease) (Debian 4.0.2-4)
>

> Hi,
>
> Can't get pg_hba.conf with trust to work:
>
>   testusr@test1:~$ psql -U postgres
>   psql: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "postgres"

Are you sure you're using the configuration below (ie, you're editing the
correct file and have at least used sighup after the change)?  It sure
looks like the server thinks the method is ident which would be the
default for the debian packages I think.