Re: Not so happy with psql's new multiline behavior

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Not so happy with psql's new multiline behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Paesold wrote:

> When you edit a multiline function in zsh, you can easily press Control-C,
> then type "man zsh", return, and press "up" to continue editing the
> function as it was left when you pressed Control-C.

Not sure about zsh's Ctrl-C, but in bash I press Esc-# and a # is
prepended to the current line and entered into the history.  This is
what I use when I want to review some manpage or something.

It also "works" in psql, but unsurprisingly it also prepends #.  We
could fix it by having it prepend -- instead, or maybe enclose the
current editing buffer in /* */.

(This only works in a single line fashion in bash, but I don't see why
we couldn't make it work multiline in psql.)