Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit, Call for Contributions

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit, Call for Contributions
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit, Call for Contributions  (Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu>)
Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit, Call for Contributions  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Christopher Browne wrote:

> Here should be the authoritative information:
>
> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.html
>   Countries/Territories Requiring Visas
>
> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.html
>   Letter of Invitation for Countries Whose Citizens Require a
>   Temporary Resident Visa to Enter Canada

Wow, this is a great deal of burden that for sure I didn't have to do
last time :-(  Not sure why, maybe the laws changed or something.  It is
crystal clear that I have to do it this time however.

Thanks for the pointers.  I'm looking forward to finding somebody who
wants to "sponsor" me on this issue ... or maybe get me a passport from
the Holy See.

> The other "pointy bit" is that the letter of invitation needs to
> indicate the inviter's relationship to the person being invited.  I
> expect that would need to be a tad more specific than merely "he's
> some guy from Sweden that I heard about on the Internet"...

Rats :-(