Re: Change date format through an environmental variable?

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Change date format through an environmental variable?
Дата
Re: Change date format through an environmental variable?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 01:16:47AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> > The libpq documentation has a list of environment variables, although
> > it's not complete:
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/libpq-envars.html
>
> Er, what's not complete about it?  Feel free to send a doc patch ...

Missing from that page are mostly standard variables that aren't
specific to PostgreSQL but that applications like psql might use.
Documented elsewhere are:

EDITOR        (psql)
PAGER        (psql)
PGDATA        (various)
PSQL_EDITOR    (psql)
SHELL        (psql)
TMPDIR        (psql)
TZ        (postmaster)
VISUAL        (psql)

I see LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE in a few places but not in the
documentation for postgres/postmaster, which is where they appear
to be used (backend/main/main.c).  Should those pages mention them?

A couple of variables are used in the code but aren't mentioned in
the documentation.  Are they worth documenting?

COMSPEC        (psql, Win32 only)
PG_DBPATH    (ecpg, Informix mode)

--
Michael Fuhr

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Change date format through an environmental variable?
Сообщение: Re: Change date format through an environmental variable?