PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit, Call for Contributions

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit, Call for Contributions
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit, Call for Contributions  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit, Call for  ("Luke Lonergan" <llonergan@greenplum.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit
=============================

Call for Contributions
----------------------

The PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit will take place on July 8 and 9, 2006, in
Toronto, Canada.  We are planning for a gathering of about 50 hackers,
contributors, and other friends of the PostgreSQL project to celebrate the
project's 10th anniversary, reflect on the work accomplished, establish new
contacts, and plan for the future.  The summit will feature speaker sessions,
workshops, discussion groups, and social events.  We are now looking for
content proposals.  Topics can include:

- Development, how to and how not to

- Features for the future (or of the past)

- PostgreSQL-related research projects

- Issues relating to the project's organization

- PostgreSQL-related projects

- Legal issues

- Non-profit organizations

- Advocacy, marketing

- How to make PostgreSQL more appealing to $X

- Business aspects

- Other interesting event proposals such as discussions, contests, awards, question sessions, etc. will also be
consideredif you are prepared to organize them.

There is considerable freedom in developing the program.  Anything that is
important to you, of interest to others, and of value to the project can be
reasonable.  But remember that this is a conference of PostgreSQL
contributors, so user-level talks should normally not be submitted.

Submissions and the actual sessions should be in English.  Contributions
should generally use time slots of 45 minutes, but feel free to specify
otherwise if you have special requirements.  We are also welcoming "lightning
talks" of about 5 minutes.

Send submissions to conference-submissions@lists.pgfoundry.org in free form,
but include the following information:

- your name
- your e-mail address
- title of your contribution
- type of your contribution (talk, discussion, etc.)
- abstract of up to 100 words (for publishing in the program)
- extended description (for review by the organizers, not published)

The deadline for submissions is March 31st.

Speakers and other supporters of the conference program (exception: lightning
talks) will be offered free registration.  They will also be first in line to
receive financial assistance, but we cannot guarantee any such thing at the
moment, so be prepared to pay for your travel and accomodation.

--
Peter Eisentraut
on behalf of the conference team