Re: Config file for psql

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Config file for psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 02:49:08PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Perhaps we should make a concerted effort to split the libpq docs into a
> > section "for programmers" vs one "for users", the latter part covering
> > the libpq behavior that is interesting to users of a libpq-based app.
> > .pgpass, pg_service, the environment vars, SSL behavior, maybe some
> > other things belong in the "for users" part.
>
> +1. Is there a docs TODO?

Added to TODO:

    * Split out libpq pgpass and environment documentation sections
      to make it easier for non-developers to find

Looking at the existing manual, how do we do this?  Do we make separate
libpq-programming and a libpq-runtime sections?

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us
  SRA OSS, Inc.   http://www.sraoss.com