Re: Pgfoundry and gborg: shut one down

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Pgfoundry and gborg: shut one down
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 04:26:27PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
>
> >So, is there a formal project setup anywhere for the migration? ISTM
> >that it would be best to create a project on either gborg or pgfoundry
> >with the intention that it produce a set of code/scripts/procedures that
> >allow for migrating projects from gborg to pgfoundry, since obviously
> >moving lists over is a minor portion of the effort.
>
> Actually, we've even got a prelim script setup for moving teh database
> that I have to spend some time testing, after which we can start moving

Well, there's more than that. You'd need to move the actual mailman list
(though afaik that shouldn't be very hard; one issue is that you'd want
to shut mailman and probably the MTA down while a list is being moved).
What about files? Is there anything else?

I suggest setting up a project on pgfoundry and putting scripts there,
especially since some of this stuff can be figured out without access to
the actual environments (ie: a script to transfer a mailman list).

I know we've got a test copy of pgfoundry setup; do we have a test copy
of gborg somewhere as well?