Re: Pgfoundry and gborg: shut one down

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Pgfoundry and gborg: shut one down
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 01:11:46PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >Actually, it should be entirely possible to setup forwarding for
> >projects as they migrate, one-by-one. AFAIK mailman will handle
> >something like project-blah@gbork.org being forwarded to
> >project-blah@pgfoundry.org.
>
> Woo hoo ... a mailman expert ... let us know how it is done so that we can
> do it :)

To test this, I created test@lists.decibel.org

In postfix, I setup the following in main.cf:
virtual_alias_maps = hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/virtuals/virtual,                   ....
regexp:/usr/local/etc/postfix/virtuals-regex/decibel.org,

where virtuals-regex/decibel.org contains:

# commands
/^(test)-(post|admin|bounces|confirm|join|leave|owner|request|subscribe|unsubscribe)@nasby.net$/ mailman-$2+$1

# lists (command -post)
/^(test)@nasby.net$/ mailman-post+$1

(yeah, I flubbed the file name... oh well...)

I can now post, subscribe, or issue any commands by sending email to
test@nasby.net  or test-blah@nasby.net.

Feel free to subscribe and test for yourself. While this forwarding
implimentation is obviously postfix-specific, the point is that as long
as the email eventually makes it to the proper list addresses, that's
all that mailman cares about.

So, is there a formal project setup anywhere for the migration? ISTM
that it would be best to create a project on either gborg or pgfoundry
with the intention that it produce a set of code/scripts/procedures that
allow for migrating projects from gborg to pgfoundry, since obviously
moving lists over is a minor portion of the effort.