Re: Postgres slower than MS ACCESS

От Jay Greenfield
Тема Re: Postgres slower than MS ACCESS
Дата
Re: Postgres slower than MS ACCESS  (Jeff Trout <threshar@torgo.978.org>)
Список pgsql-performance
> How do you get 4,000+ lines of explain analyze for one update query in a
> database with only one table?  Something a bit fishy there.  Perhaps you
> mean explain verbose, though I don't really see how that'd be so long
> either, but it'd be closer.  Could you provide some more sane
> information?

My mistake - there was 4,000 lines in the EXPLAIN ANALYZE VERBOSE output.
Here is the output of EXPLAIN ANALYZE:

QUERY PLAN
"Seq Scan on ntdn  (cost=0.00..3471884.39 rows=1221391 width=1592) (actual
time=57292.580..1531300.003 rows=1221391 loops=1)"
"Total runtime: 4472646.988 ms"

> Is this table exceptionally large in same way (ie: lots
> of columns)?

The table is 1.2 million rows X 246 columns.  The only index is the primary
key.  I will try to remove that index to see if that improves performance at
all.

Jay