Re: Spaces in psql output (Was: FW: PGBuildfarm member snake Branch HEAD Status changed)

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Spaces in psql output (Was: FW: PGBuildfarm member snake Branch HEAD Status changed)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 08:06:53PM +0100, Michael Paesold wrote:
> A side affect of this newline patch is that all fields are now filled with
> white space up to the displayed column width, even for the last (or only
> column). I guess this is somehow required for consistent display.
> Otherwise, it makes copy&paste from a psql session more painful, because of
> all the added white-space. I hope that psql output intended for script
> output using the available flags (i.e. not the "nice display" output) is
> unaffected?

My intention was to only change formatted output. Unformatted should be
unchanged from previous.

The extra spaces is an interesting side-effect. In the past it would
only have worked for the last column anyway, right?

Anyway, it is a fixable issue and I'd consider doing it if people think
it's worth it.

Have a nice day,