Spaces in psql output (Was: FW: PGBuildfarm member snake Branch HEAD Status changed)

От Michael Paesold
Тема Spaces in psql output (Was: FW: PGBuildfarm member snake Branch HEAD Status changed)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> The failure, I think, it because of the newline patch we got for psql
> yesterday.  I am seeking a diff from pgcrypto to fix it.  My openssl is
> too old.

A side affect of this newline patch is that all fields are now filled with
white space up to the displayed column width, even for the last (or only
column). I guess this is somehow required for consistent display. Otherwise,
it makes copy&paste from a psql session more painful, because of all the
added white-space. I hope that psql output intended for script output using
the available flags (i.e. not the "nice display" output) is unaffected?

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold