auth methods

От David Bear
Тема auth methods
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
after reading through
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/auth-methods.html

I'm still left wondering how to solve something that should be simple.

Ident method looks like it might work.

All I really want to do is prevent user jack, who is logged in and
properly authenticated to the system as jack, from connecting to pg as
user joe. I have kerb authentication working for all ssh connections
to the data base server. I don't want another layer of authentication
for postgresql.

I'm currently using the trust method, but any user can connect to pg
as any other pg user.

the trouble is that ident seems to be non existent in suse linux (at
least, it doesn't seem to be installed )

any pointers would be appreciated.

--
David Bear
phone:     480-965-8257