Re: Tab completion of SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Tab completion of SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Paesold wrote:

> Perhaps not multiple connections, but multiple transactions per connection,
> like Oracle supports, AFAIK. All with a big ;-) of course. I doubt it would
> be easy to implement that. The assumption
> one-connection-has-one-transaction is probably pretty deeply burried in
> many backend components. Has this been changed by the prepared-transactions
> stuff? I may be mistaken, which would be very positive news.

No, you're not mistaken.  The 2PC stuff works by reassigning the
transaction to a sort-of "phantom backend".

--
Alvaro Herrera                        http://www.advogato.org/person/alvherre
"Llegará una época en la que una investigación diligente y prolongada sacará

Сообщение: Re: Configuration WAS: New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI Installer for
Сообщение: Re: Configuration WAS: New project launched : PostgreSQL