Re: stats for failed transactions (was Re: [GENERAL] VACUUM Question)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: stats for failed transactions (was Re: [GENERAL] VACUUM Question)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> My question was at a higher level, actually: *what* should we be
> >> counting?
>
> > Oh, I see.  Do you think small incremental improvements to the stat
> > system will buy us much?  I think we should be thinking big here, i.e.
> > rewrite most stuff instead.
>
> Uh, I wasn't aware of any proposals for a major rewrite.  What did you
> have in mind?

Nothing yet really.  But we mentioned it in the recent past.  (About not
using UDP, and also about the property of not having each backend load
the whole stat file every time.)

--
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.PlanetPostgreSQL.org
"This is a foot just waiting to be shot"                (Andrew Dunstan)