Re: stats for failed transactions (was Re: [GENERAL] VACUUM Question)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: stats for failed transactions (was Re: [GENERAL] VACUUM Question)
Дата
Re: stats for failed transactions (was Re: [GENERAL] VACUUM  (Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> I think this is the fault of the stats system design.  AFAICT from a
> quick look at the code, inserted/updated/deleted tuples are reported
> to the collector in the same way regardless of whether the sending
> transaction committed or rolled back.  I think this is unquestionably
> a bug, at least for autovacuum's purposes --- though it might be OK
> for the original intent of the stats system, which was simply to track
> activity levels.
>
> Any thoughts about how it ought to work?

I don't remember exactly how it works -- I think the activity (insert,
update, delete) counters are kept separately from commit/rollback
status, right?  Maybe we should keep three separate counters: "current
transaction counters" and "counters for transactions that were
aborted/committed".  We only send the latter counts, and the former are
added to them when the transaction ends.

--
Alvaro Herrera                        http://www.advogato.org/person/alvherre
"Aprende a avergonzarte más ante ti que ante los demás" (Demócrito)

Сообщение: Re: Adding a --quiet option to initdb
Сообщение: Re: Adding a --quiet option to initdb