Re: What Could Cause This Behavior?

От Andrew J. Kopciuch
Тема Re: What Could Cause This Behavior?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 26 January 2006 19:24, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Stephan Szabo wrote:
> > Did you put a semicolon at the end of the command?  I get a
> > ERROR:  syntax error at or near "username" at character 26
> > LINE 1: create database contacts username=sszabo
>
> Stephan,
>
>    No, I did not put a semicolon there. I also received no error message,
> just the prompt. See the sample session I just posted in response to
> Michael's message.
>

> postgres=# create database testcase
> postgres-# \q

They are not the same prompt.  Notice the - as opposed to the = symbol.  It
was waiting for you to finish your statement (because you can use several
lines for involved SQL statements).

\q then just ended your session.

Andy

От: Michael Glaesemann
Сообщение: Re: What Could Cause This Behavior?
Сообщение: Re: What Could Cause This Behavior?