Re: What Could Cause This Behavior?

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: What Could Cause This Behavior?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Stephan Szabo wrote:
>
> > Did you put a semicolon at the end of the command?  I get a
> > ERROR:  syntax error at or near "username" at character 26
> > LINE 1: create database contacts username=sszabo
>
> Stephan,
>
>    No, I did not put a semicolon there. I also received no error message, just
> the prompt. See the sample session I just posted in response to Michael's
> message.

Without a semicolon, you didn't tell psql that you were done with the
command. The cursor changes when the command is incomplete:

postgres=# create database testcase
postgres-#

And then when you quit, it quit without having run the incomplete
statement.

Сообщение: Re: What Could Cause This Behavior?
Сообщение: Re: What Could Cause This Behavior?