Re:

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Aniko.Badzong@swisscom.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have tried it yesterday to escaoe the double qutoes and I get the
> error:
>
> [test] su - postgres -c "echo \"copy test from '/data/log/bla';"\"  |
> psql logdb"
> Unmatched ".

You still don't fix it?  I remembered yesterday that the shell doesn't
want escaped quotes inside a quoted argument, so you must quit the
quoted environment and put an escaped quote, something like

su - postgres -c "echo "\""copy test from '/data/log/bla';"\"" | pgsql logdb"

The echo-pipe is still overkill, you can do it using -c as I showed
yesterday by applying the same "trick".

--
Alvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile   ICBM: S 39º 49' 17.7", W 73º 14' 26.8"
"Es filósofo el que disfruta con los enigmas" (G. Coli)