Re: DB responce during DB dump

От: Evgeny Gridasov
Тема: Re: DB responce during DB dump
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Inconsistant query plan  ("Daniel Gish", )
 Re: Inconsistant query plan  (Scott Marlowe, )
 Re: Inconsistant query plan  (Michael Fuhr, )
  Re: Inconsistant query plan  ("Daniel Gish", )
   Re: Inconsistant query plan  (Alessandro Baretta, )
 DB responce during DB dump  (Evgeny Gridasov, )
  Re: DB responce during DB dump  (Richard Huxton, )
   Re: DB responce during DB dump  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: DB responce during DB dump  (Evgeny Gridasov, )
   Re: DB responce during DB dump  (Evgeny Gridasov, )

All I was trying to achieve is to limit I/O rate done by pg_dump.
The script is a very simple pipe rate limitter and nothing more:
it reads input, but outputs data no more than at rate specified.

I guess it helps because even if pg_dump outputs data at 20 mb/sec,
the script won't be able to read it at rate higher than output rate. Pipe
buffer is not infinitive, so pg_dump output rate and hard disk reads become
almost equal the input rate of my perl script.

--
Evgeny Gridasov
Software Engineer