Re: DB responce during DB dump

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: DB responce during DB dump
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Inconsistant query plan  ("Daniel Gish", )
 Re: Inconsistant query plan  (Scott Marlowe, )
 Re: Inconsistant query plan  (Michael Fuhr, )
  Re: Inconsistant query plan  ("Daniel Gish", )
   Re: Inconsistant query plan  (Alessandro Baretta, )
 DB responce during DB dump  (Evgeny Gridasov, )
  Re: DB responce during DB dump  (Richard Huxton, )
   Re: DB responce during DB dump  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: DB responce during DB dump  (Evgeny Gridasov, )

Richard Huxton <> writes:
> Evgeny Gridasov wrote:
>> I've written a perl script to limit pg_dump output bandwidth,
>> Is there any other solution to avoid this problem?

> That's an interesting solution, and I'd guess people might like to see
> it posted to the list if it's not too big.

Years ago there was some experimentation with dump-rate throttling logic
inside pg_dump itself --- there's still a comment about it in pg_dump.c.
The experiment didn't seem very successful, which is why it never got to
be a permanent feature.  I'm curious to know why this perl script is
doing a better job than we were able to do inside pg_dump.