Re: Transferring DATA directory

От Alfred Lau - FORMotion Systems
Тема Re: Transferring DATA directory
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Jason,

Permssions was the exact problem. After disabling the simple file sharing
option in Folder Options (under Windows XP Professional), I was able to see
the permissions of the DATA folder and change them appropriately.

Gracias,

Alfred.

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:26:26 -0600, Jason Minion wrote
> Does the local postgresql user account on machine B have the correct
> permissions for the files you copied over? Also make sure to try
> starting postgresql from the command line using pg_ctl, and check
> your service properties to get an idea of the command being used
> there to attempt to start postgresql. Things like the "-D <path"
> parameter will be *very* important.
>
> Jason Minion

Alfred Lau

Software Developer