Re: RAID-50

От Michael Crozier
Тема Re: RAID-50
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I once read in an O'Reilly book on tuning Solaris about RAID-50.  That's
> right multiple RAID-5 disk sets each treated as a single logical drive then
> striped with RAID-0.  The book said that if built correctly load balancing
> could make performance approach RAID-10 at considerably lower cost for VERY
> large storage arrays.
>
> Have any list members had experience with RAID-50?

There have been a few recent discussions on the pg-performance mailing list
that touched on RAID-50.  I'm sorry, but I don't remember the conclusions (if
there were any).  I'd suggest a peek at the archives.

Are you researching this for Postgresql Solaris?  I would certainly appreciate
hearing about any of your findings, especially if this is for a
PG/Solaris/LVM combination.

Regards,

  Michael

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist