Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 19, 2006, at 9:10 , Jim C. Nasby wrote:

> It would definately be nice if the end-user concept of column order
> wasn't tied to the physical order in the database.

Tom Lane has mentioned at least a couple of times that decoupling the
(SQL-required) logical order from the physical order is probably
pretty hairy and would lead to easy to make and hard to track down
bugs and I don't doubt that it's pretty detailed and complicated
work. If someone were so inclined, they could probably look into this
more closely and see what it would take to create a clean, easy-to-
use and easy-to-maintain interface between the physical and logical
data representation (including column order).

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com