Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 09:10:23AM +0100, ir. F.T.M. van Vugt bc. wrote:
> Op woensdag 18 januari 2006 08:10, schreef Joost Kraaijeveld:
> > Because a lot of tools that I use to manage a database during
> > *development* (e.g. PgAdmin) show the columns in an other order than the
> > order of attributes in my Java/C++ code. The "logical" order of the
> > columns/attributes can change during development.

<snip>

> geleden dat ik daar mee gespeeld heb ;) Je kunt dit terugvinden in 'select *
> from information_schema.columns', maar je zult zelf even terug moeten zoeken
> welke systeemtabellen daar bij zijn betrokken, ik denk overigens dat dit
> pg_attribute.attnum is. Denk eraan dat dit soort wijzigingen in de
> systeemtabellen zonder garantie komen...... ;)

Just to avoid anyone getting strange ideas: editting the catalog
manually has a 100% certainty of trashing any data in the table. Also,
various things like indexes and foreign keys may use the attnum also
and become non-functional. It's entirely possible that on an empty
table with nothing attached that changing attnum manually might work,
but I wouldn't bet on it.

Have a nice day.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist