Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist

От David Fetter
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 10:28:03AM -0600, Tony Caduto wrote:
> As long as we are talking wish lists...
>
> What I would like to see is some way to change the ordering of the
> fields without having to drop and recreate the table.

Why are you asking us to optimize the 'SELECT *' case which almost
never belongs in production code in the 1st place?

> unless...is it possible to safely modify the |attnum field of
> ||pg_attribute?  I know we should never directly modify system
> tables but..|

You're right.  No 'but' involved :)

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!

От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: Re: Is there a way to list runaway queries and kill them?
Сообщение: Distance calculation