Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist

От Joost Kraaijeveld
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist  (Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>)
Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 09:52 -0800, David Fetter wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 10:28:03AM -0600, Tony Caduto wrote:
> > As long as we are talking wish lists...
> >
> > What I would like to see is some way to change the ordering of the
> > fields without having to drop and recreate the table.
>
> Why are you asking us to optimize the 'SELECT *' case which almost
> never belongs in production code in the 1st place?
Because a lot of tools that I use to manage a database during
*development* (e.g. PgAdmin) show the columns in an other order than the
order of attributes in my Java/C++ code. The "logical" order of the
columns/attributes can change during development.

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
e-mail: J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl
web: www.askesis.nl

От: Assad Jarrahian
Сообщение: SELECT Rules or stored procedure
От: "ir. F.T.M. van Vugt bc."
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist