Re: Extremely irregular query performance

От: Bruce Momjian
Тема: Re: Extremely irregular query performance
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Extremely irregular query performance  (Jean-Philippe Côté<>, )
 Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Jean-Philippe Côté<>, )
   Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Mark Lewis, )
   Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Simon Riggs, )
     Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Kenneth Marshall, )
     Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Bruce Momjian, )
      Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Tom Lane, )
       Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Bruce Momjian, )
 Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Scott Marlowe, )
 Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Jean-Philippe Cote, )

Jean-Philippe Cote wrote:

> Can I actully know whether a given plan is excuted with GEQO on ?
> In other words, if I launch 'explain <query>', I'll get a given plan, but if I re-launch
> the <query> (withtout the 'explain' keyword), could I get a different
> plan given that GEQO induces some randomness ?
>
> >Is it the plan that is different in the fastest case with GEQO or is it
> >the time needed to plan that is causing the GEQO to beat the exhaustive
> >search?

Yes, is it likely that when using GEQO you would get a different plan
each time, so running it with and without EXPLAIN would produce
different plans.