Re: Extremely irregular query performance

От: Jean-Philippe Cote
Тема: Re: Extremely irregular query performance
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Extremely irregular query performance  (Jean-Philippe Côté<>, )
 Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Jean-Philippe Côté<>, )
   Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Mark Lewis, )
   Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Simon Riggs, )
     Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Kenneth Marshall, )
     Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Bruce Momjian, )
      Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Tom Lane, )
       Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Bruce Momjian, )
 Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Scott Marlowe, )
 Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Jean-Philippe Cote, )
  Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Bruce Momjian, )
  Re: Extremely irregular query performance  (Kenneth Marshall, )

Can I actully know whether a given plan is excuted with GEQO on ?
In other words, if I launch 'explain <query>', I'll get a given plan, but if I re-launch
the <query> (withtout the 'explain' keyword), could I get a different
plan given that GEQO induces some randomness ?

>Is it the plan that is different in the fastest case with GEQO or is it
>the time needed to plan that is causing the GEQO to beat the exhaustive
>search?

Сообщение: Re: Please Help: PostgreSQL performance Optimization
Сообщение: Re: Please Help: PostgreSQL performance Optimization