Re: getting access to geodistance (what do I need to install/enable) in an existing db install

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: getting access to geodistance (what do I need to install/enable) in an existing db install
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 09:22:16PM -0700, Assad Jarrahian wrote:
> Am I building what from source? cube.sql or postgis.
> for cube.sql
> I just took the cube.sql from windows and tried to run it in psql
> (debian) in script mode.

The .sql files are only part of what you need; you also need the
modules' shared objects (cube.so and earthdistance.so).  If you
don't have the shared objects for the modules you want to install
then you'll need to install them via a package or build them from
the source code.

> for postgis:
> I cannot find where the contrib directory is (I am following
> directions from the postgis site)

I'd recommend asking PostGIS-specific questions on the postgis-users
mailing list where there's more PostGIS expertise.