Re: Reordering columns in a table

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: Reordering columns in a table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
John McCawley <nospam@hardgeus.com> schrieb:

> I believe that it makes a lot of practical difference, just like organizing
> related code into files, classes etc. is important for clarity.  This isn't
> a trivial thing, and the other (sarcastic?) suggestion that I reorder my
> select misses the point.

Not really sarcastic. You can't expect the order of values in a table,
and you can't expect the order of columns in a table.

If you do a 'select * from ...', and the table-structure is changed,
then you get problems. If you do a 'select col1, col2, col2, ... coln
...'), no problems.

A (german) article about this (with mysql):
http://php-faq.de/q/q-sql-select.html

HTH, Andreas
unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)