Re: 'Official' definition of ACID compliance?

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: 'Official' definition of ACID compliance?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 03:00:37PM -0600, Russ Brown wrote:
> See, this is why I was looking for some sort of 'official' definition
> of the term, to remove the ambiguity introduced by individual
> interpretation. :)
>
> Anyone know who came up with the term in the first place?

According to Date in _An Introduction to Database Systems_, 8th ed.,
the source of "ACID" is the 1983 paper "Principles of Transaction-Oriented
Database Recovery" by Theo Härder and Andreas Reuter.  Date has some
interesting things to say about ACID:

  So ACID is a nice acronym -- but do the concepts it represents
  really stand up to close examination?  In this section, we present
  some evidence to suggest that the answer to this question is, in
  general, _no_.  (485)

--
Michael Fuhr

Сообщение: Re: 'Official' definition of ACID compliance?
Сообщение: Re: 'Official' definition of ACID compliance?