Re: 'Official' definition of ACID compliance?

От Russ Brown
Тема Re: 'Official' definition of ACID compliance?
Дата
Re: 'Official' definition of ACID compliance?  (Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com)
Re: 'Official' definition of ACID compliance?  (Reid Thompson <reid.thompson@ateb.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 15:11:49 -0500
Jaime Casanova <systemguards@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/5/06, Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com
> <Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com> wrote:
> >

> > pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org wrote on 01/05/2006 01:59:52 PM:
> > <snip>
> > > so the problem is that MySQL _forces_ a consistent state but in
> > > the process it violates the integrity of the data
> > >
> > That is a contradiction in terms.  Data integrity is a requirement
> > of database consistency.
> >

> maybe, but it seems what happen in MySQL... because it forces a
> consistent state (one the fullfill the rules and constraints of the
> database) but when doing it it breaks or silently change your data...
>
> so the data can be saved because it's legal data but not correct
> data... then it is consistent to the machine but not for you...

See, this is why I was looking for some sort of 'official' definition
of the term, to remove the ambiguity introduced by individual
interpretation. :)

Anyone know who came up with the term in the first place?

--

Russ