Re: How to do Client Only Installation on Windows as a service?

От Mohamed Fazil
Тема Re: How to do Client Only Installation on Windows as a service?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

Is there any option to install the PGSQL8.1.1 database as a service without using installation application (postgresql-8.1.msi) on windows. If yes what are the steps to follow.

Fazil

Magnus Hagander <mha@sollentuna.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Plz help me to install client only installation as a service
> on windows. I am able to start the database with the client
> only installation package in Win 2k,XP & NT. But only after
> logging as a different user. Please provide me a solution for
> this and to start it as a service on the client end.

Uh, what do you really want to accomplish? If you install the client
only, there is no server to install as a service.

//Magnus

Yahoo! Photos