restored database locale problem

От Gary Stainburn
Тема restored database locale problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi folks.

I've just FUBAR'd one of my databases so I dropped it and and then recreated
it from a pg_dump taken at 1am today.

Everything went fine with no errors or warning while recreating everything,
but now one of my selects doesn't work.  A quick google and scan of the
postgresql hasn't helped. My other databases within the same server are all
working fine.

Gary

goole=# select r_id as key, * from new_request_details where
(upper(r_registration) like upper('%D55D4473%') or  upper(r_chassis) like
upper('%D55D4473%') or  upper(r_pack_mats) like upper('%D55D4473%') or
upper(c_des) like upper('%D55D4473%') ) order by r_delivery,  r_delivery,
r_created
goole-# ;
ERROR:  invalid multibyte character for locale
HINT:  The server's LC_CTYPE locale is probably incompatible with the database
encoding.
goole=#
--
Gary Stainburn