Re: How to implement PGSQL8.0 no-installer in Windows 2k,XP & NT ?

От Mohamed Fazil
Тема Re: How to implement PGSQL8.0 no-installer in Windows 2k,XP & NT ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thank You. No, I had this doc already. Here it explains only how to install using an installer. What i am trying is to incorporate Postgres using the packages available in postgresql-8.0.5-binaries-no-installer.zip. I am able to start the database after the following conditions.
1. copied libpq.dll in \system32 in a login grook\gat (domain\username)
2.  Now tried to start pg_ctl.exe by passing the parameter of data table in the aove mentioned login.
3. Then it shows me the following error ...
    postmaster starting
    Execution of PostgreSQL by a user with administrative permissions is not
    permitted.The server must be started under an unprivileged user ID to prevent
    po ssible system security compromises.  See the documentation for
    more information on how to properly start the server.
4. After this message i logged in as different user that does not have administartor rights and it started.
What i want to know is how to start the application without logging out and re log. Any provision to create a user only for postgres and to start the application in that user.
Eg: If i have logged in as  grook\gat (domain\username) and installed the database in this log in and start the database using mac12\postgre(domain\username) from the login grook\dat.
The thing i want to know whether the process mentioned in the above eg is possible or not?. If yes, how and what are the steps to go for it. Please help me to solve this.........

Thanking You

Mohamed Fazil

Yahoo! Shopping