Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Client-side password encryption

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Client-side password encryption
Дата
Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Client-side password encryption  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
>

> > So it's only an issue if you have a policy of removing old versions of
> > libpq on upgrades... I'm not sure what's "best practice" on windows in
> > this area.
>
> When removing the application (in this case: pgsql), you'd remove that
> old lib as well if it's the only app using it. If you have another
> application installed, the deinstaller should observe this, and keep the
> version.
>

> I'm voting +1 for lib name versions.

If you add a version number to the Win32 libpq name, you have to update
any command-line compile tools that mention libpq after an upgrade.  The
Unix linker knows about version numbers, but the Win32 linker doesn't,
so adding version numbers does add quite a bit of chaos to the Win32
compile world.

Pennsylvania19073