Re: Something I don't understand with the use of schemas

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Something I don't understand with the use of schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 05:43:47PM -0500, Rod Taylor wrote:

> A sudo equivalent would be a version of psql that always connected to
> the database using super-user and allowed command execution based on a
> regular expression. Bit of a hack to say the least.

How is that at all what you're describing?

sudo gives you the ability to run a command as root, plain and simple.
IE:

sudo ls -la blah
sudo /usr/local/etc/rc.d/010.pgsql.sh stop
etc

Some SQL examples would be...

sudo CREATE USER ...
sudo UPDATE table SET ...

I have no idea what you're envisioning, but based on your description it
certainly doesn't sound like what I'm envisioning...