Re: Something I don't understand with the use of schemas

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: Something I don't understand with the use of schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 16:35 -0600, Jim C. Nasby wrote:

> > >Very cool, I didn't realize that. It would still be nice if there was a
> > >way to do it on a per-command basis (since often you just need to run
> > >one command as admin/dba/what-have-you), but I suspect adding that to
> > >the grammar would be a real PITA. Perhapse it could be added to psql
> > >though...
> >
> > If it's one command can't you wrap it in a security definer function?
>
> Sure, if it's a command you'll be using over and over. Which I guess
> some are, but it's still a pain.

> Maybe what I'm asking for will only make sense to people who use sudo...

Having a set of fine-grained permissions that you could grant to roles
could be useful.

A sudo equivalent would be a version of psql that always connected to
the database using super-user and allowed command execution based on a
regular expression. Bit of a hack to say the least.