Re: Something I don't understand with the use of schemas

От Guillaume LELARGE
Тема Re: Something I don't understand with the use of schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Le Samedi 10 Décembre 2005 17:43, vous avez écrit :
> Guillaume LELARGE <guillaume.lelarge@gmail.com> writes:
> > Apparently, I can rename all schemas, even system schemas !
> > metier=# alter schema pg_catalog rename to foobar;
> > ALTER SCHEMA
>
> If you are superuser, you can do anything you want, up to and including
> breaking the system irretrievably.  Compare "rm -rf /" on Unix.  We
> won't be putting training wheels on superuser status for the same
> reasons that no one finds it a good idea to restrict root's abilities.

Seems pretty fair.

I've made more tests on schemas. I'm able to drop information_schema and
public schemas but I can't drop pg_catalog and pg_toast. It makes me think
that only pg_* are system schemas and that public and information_schema are
public schemas. Am I right on this one ?

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/    http://lfs.traduc.org/    http://traduc.postgresqlfr.org/ -->