Re: pg_restore fails with postgis

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: pg_restore fails with postgis
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
[Please copy the mailing list on replies.]

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 11:57:06AM -0500, Josh O'Brien wrote:
> this is the command --create --format=c -d template1
> /home/postgres/dumps/test_dump test_db.

That's not a complete command; I assume those are the options and
arguments to pg_restore.  As far as I can tell from the documentation
and tests the final argument of "test_db" serves no purpose and is
ignored.

That contradicts your previous message, in which you said:

> >>I'm trying to restore in a cluster using pg_restore and i'm receiving an
> >>error from my recoverylog saying that there is no last checkpoint for my
> >>backend.

Do you mean that pg_restore doesn't give any errors but the server
logs do?  Please clarify, and if you're getting errors anywhere
then please post the exact text (copy and paste -- don't type the
error messages by hand).

It might help if you could post a complete test case: all commands
and SQL statements that create, populate, dump, and restore a simple
test database.  That way we can see from start to finish what you're
doing, which might make finding the problem easier.

--
Michael Fuhr