Re: connect to another db

От
Тема Re: connect to another db
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
> hi,
>
> a schema wouldnt help. i have to import data from a
> different PG db.dblink
> would be the right choice, but i think i need a NIX
> OS to install it ? PG
> runs on windows in the company I work for...

it sounds to me like you have the original data in one
database and that you are manually moving it to
another database at consistent time intervals.

is this right?

if so, consider the following questions:

1. why are two different machines absolutely
necessary?  if they aren't, use one machine.  try to
make sure the reason is technically valid and fight
against political reasons.
2. why are two databases necessary?  if not, use one
db.  if separation of data is technically required,
using different schema may be a solution.
3. if two machines and two dbs are necessary, can the
machines be networked?  if so, you may be able to
write an automation script that dumps from one
database and restores to the other database.

good luck.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com

Сообщение: Re: relations in PostgreSQL 8.1